Purple Sccy Cpx-2 - The world of small pistols is bustling and dominated by a few well-known manufacturers. Ask any shooter they carry and you may get an answer that includes one of these brands: Glock, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Beretta, or Kel-Tec. Each of these companies offers a variety of subcompact and multi-purpose firearms, to meet the needs and tastes of every shooter out there.

One name that gradually made its way into the series was SCCY (pronounced "heaven"). SCCY is solely focused on building reliable, safe and well-made pistols. The first offering was the CPX-1, a subcompact, double-action, 9x19mm semi-automatic released in 2005. Five years later, the CPX-2 was introduced. Lacking the trigger safety of its predecessor, the CPX-2 is perfect for those who don't want to fiddle with the lever when firing their weapon.

Purple Sccy Cpx-2

Purple Sccy Cpx-2

After visiting Daytona Beach, Florida during the Big 3 East event this spring, I was given the opportunity to pilot one of the company's CPX-2s. This is the part of the review where I mentioned that I was initially worried about the product for some ridiculous reason or another, like the color purple or orange. But aside from the color choice, the CPX-2 has no weird quirks for me to ignore, other than the fact that it's a subcompact pistol - and I freak out.

Sccy Cpx 2 Gen 3, 9mm, 3.1\

For me, shooting is a hobby. I shoot for fun (and work), and subcompact pistols aren't much fun. Even when I carry, usually a full-sized or undersized pistol in an IWB holster under a large jacket - I'm more comfortable shooting and relying on that type of weapon.

Despite my doubts, I chose to try the CPX-2. It's cheap, I got it in purple, and I think the world of subcompacts has another chance. After shooting and driving for five months, I'm here to just say one thing: I absolutely love the SCCY CPX-2 and I'll be driving it any day of the week.

Before I get into more detail, here's how to bust a gun. Its dimensions are similar to other subcompacts.

While the CPX-2 has a heavy, double-action only (DAO) trigger, it is the only semi-auto DAO I've ever shot that had a perfect trigger. The nine-pound pull is smooth, requiring ample force for an unprotected carrier weapon. It also has one of the best reviews I've had on a subcompact. Intuitive feedback helps facilitate fast follow-up.

Sccy Industries Cpx 2ttsbrd Cpx 2 Rd Dao 9mm Luger 3.10\

The pistol's grip fits my hand very well and is quite wide—I don't find it pinching the first thumb of my index finger the way I can on a pistol with a softer grip. It also makes the gun more maneuverable and easier to fire the next shot, as I had no trouble readjusting my sight with each shot.

If you buy the new CPX-2, it will come with two 10-round magazines. The mag comes with an interchangeable finger extension mat for a flat mat (also included). I've never felt the need to set up a flat mount, as the CPX-2 is still very stealthy, smooth, and photographable with its long base. Drawing and shooting practice is quick and easy with a rifle, especially since there's no manual safety.

I did about 700 rounds through the CPX-2, and never had a single failure. I have confidence in his ability to work confidently when needed.

Purple Sccy Cpx-2

I didn't do any real testing with the CPX-2—seems unnecessary. When shooting human silhouette targets at ranges between three and 10 meters with commercial ammunition, rapid fire groups are sufficient (two or more shots within five centimeters).

Sccy Cpx 2 Cbpu 9mm Pistol For Sale

Top comparison of the CPX-2 (left) and the LC9. The CPX-2 is a tenth of an inch larger than the LC9, but can carry three more rounds and provides a better fit in the author's opinion.

Concealed carrying of the CPX-2 is very convenient. I carry it in my pocket and IWB holster with no problem. Several manufacturers, including Alien Gear and DeSantis, offer good holsters for the CPX-2.

I carried the CPX-2 most of last summer, which I spent in Detroit. Even though I live in a nicer area, it's still a good idea to be armed when possible. The CPX is easy to take on trips to the liquor store, walks around the neighborhood, and on bikes—mostly in shorts and a light T-shirt. .

Maybe I just like my CPX-2 because it's purple. Maybe I like it because it's cheap. Or maybe it's just a great gun for the price and a lot of fun to shoot.

Sccy Cpx 2 Handgun 9mm Luger 10rd Magazine 3.1\

The CPX-2 is fun to shoot, reliable, easy to carry, and easy to carry — what more could you ask for from a portable gun?

The CPX-2 is now my carry-on and always ends up in my backpack, which is something I could never say about a pocket gun. It addresses all of the common criticisms of carrying a gun and then some.

Since I was a kid, I have loved history and guns. 22s to automatic heavy machine guns, and I love them even more when I write about them. My primary interest is modern small arms and small arms World War II and earlier conflicts, with a particular focus on Russian and Finnish rifles. Reading about rifles like the Mosin-Nagant in books and online got me interested in collecting, shooting, and writing about them, and I hope to do the same with others through my work.

Purple Sccy Cpx-2

Holster for sccy cpx-2, sccy cpx 1 purple, sccy cpx, sccy cpx 2 kydex holster, sccy cpx 2 rd holster, sccy cpx 2 pocket holster, sccy cpx 2 holster, sccy cpx 2 iwb holster, sccy cpx-2 9mm holster, sccy cpx 2 accessories, sccy cpx 2 concealed holster, sccy cpx 2 purple